About Our Books
Regardless of your Jewish spiritual background, these books for children and adults by Sholom Morgan provide an organized and detailed approach to a Jewish lifestyle, and comprehensive instructions for practical Jewish living.
Every page contains a great wealth of inspiring, meaningful and timeless lessons. You would have to read several books to get the same amount of information found in just one volume.
In this series are four outstanding books about Judaism. Each book targets a specific age group. Three of the books are about the ‘mitzvoth,’ Biblical commandments.
One book is for adults, another is for high school students and the third for elementary school students. The fourth book is about the Jewish holidays and is intended for children, although adults like it, too.
Comprehension exercises and fun activities are included with each book. These fully-illustrated books provide an inspirational, in-depth and hands-on exploration of the ritual and social aspects of the Jewish faith.
The books are intended to be read and used by individuals, families, Jewish institutions, JCC’s, libraries, Jewish schools, classrooms, synagogues, temples, junior congregations, afternoon Hebrew schools, and any locations where Jews congregate.
- Mechanchim (Jewish educators): purchase one set of Have You been Jewish Today and Jewish Holidays & Fast Days for Jewish Children for each student in your class. Jewish rituals and the all-important social mitzvot (Biblical commandments) are emphasized.
- Parents: purchase Have You been Jewish Today — Adult edition to enlighten yourself about how to be Jewish. Start a chabura (study group) and purchase one set for each participant. Jewish rituals and the all-important social mitzvot (Biblical commandments) are emphasized.
- Elementary School Students: Every home with this age group should have a set of Have You been Jewish Today. Comprehension exercises and fun activities are included. Jewish rituals and the all-important social mitzvot (Biblical commandments) are emphasized. You receive one t-shirt or the “Say it in Hebrew” booklet for each set you order. Choose any combination of booklets and t-shirts for multiple orders.
- Jewish Holidays & Fast days for Jewish Children: This book is recommended for elementary-age students. The proper observances of the Jewish holidays, fast days and special days — including the lesser known ones — are explained. Comprehension exercises and fun activities are included. You receive one t-shirt or the “Say it in Hebrew” booklet for each set you order. Choose any combination of booklets and t-shirts for multiple orders.
- High School Students: Procure the Have You been Jewish Today — High School edition. It features fun activities, comprehension exercises, and tips to deal with the challenges of your age group.
- AFTERNOON HEBREW SCHOOLS, SHABBAT AND HOLIDAY GROUPS, LIBRARIES, JCCs, ANYWHERE JEWS MEET: The Have You been Jewish Today — Children’s edition and Jewish Holidays & Fast Day for Jewish Children are perfect for Shabbat and holiday children’s groups. The comprehension exercises in the workbook after each chapter can be used to play games and award prizes. Every library, JCC and other venues where many Jews meet should have at least one copy of each book.